CHANGES IN THIS AND FUTURE ISSUES
CHANGES TO THE DISSEMINATION OF RETAIL TRADE STATISTICS
Changes have been made to the dissemination of Retail Trade statistics as a result of the reinstatement of the full monthly sample. An information paper Changes to the Dissemination of Retail Trade Statistics, January 2009 (cat. no. 8501.0.55.005), released on 21 January 2009, summarised the changes occurring with this and future issues. The main changes include:
- this publication has reverted to the previous title of Retail Trade, Australia and presents detailed monthly current price trend, seasonally adjusted and original estimates
- detailed industry by state data in original and seasonally adjusted terms are not currently available for the July to October 2008 reference months. These estimates will be modelled and will be available with the March 2009 issue of this publication
- detailed industry by state data in trend terms are not currently available from July 2008 reference month onwards
- seasonal adjustment ( except for the completely enumerated total series) is being undertaken using forward factors until the July 2009 issue of this publication
- quarterly chain volume measures will be included in the December quarter 2008 issue of Retail Trade Quarterly Indicators (cat. no. 8502.0) to be released on 18 February 2009, which will be the final release of that publication. In future, quarterly chain volume measures will be published in the last reference month of each quarter in this publication.