- In 2010-11 the gross value of total Australian agricultural production was $46.0 billion, an increase of 16% (or $6.3 billion) from 2009-10.
- The gross value of crops in Australia rose by 18% to $25.0 billion in 2010-11.
- Livestock slaughterings and other disposals rose by $1.1 billion to $13.8 billion, with increases in the value of most commodities.
- The value of livestock products increased by 25% to $7.2 billion, driven predominantly by increased prices.
- Marketing costs accounted for $3.3 billion (or 7%) of the total gross value of agricultural production in 2010-11.
- NSW agricultural gross value increased by 40% from 2009-10, recording a total of $11.7 billion.
- WA agricultural production value was $5.4 billion, a decrease of 6% (or $366.2 million) from 2009-10.
For a state based overview of commodity value data, go to Topics @ a Glance - Agriculture