Australian Bureau of Statistics

Rate the ABS website
ABS Home > Statistics > By Release Date
ABS @ Facebook ABS @ Twitter ABS RSS ABS Email notification service
7307.0 - Wheat Stocks and Exports, Australia, Feb 2012 Quality Declaration 
Previous ISSUE Released at 11:30 AM (CANBERRA TIME) 04/04/2012   
   Page tools: Print Print Page Print all pages in this productPrint All RSS Feed RSS Bookmark and Share Search this Product



Wheat grain stored
  • Wheat grain stored by bulk grain handlers at the end of February 2012 was 23.3 million tonnes which was a decrease of 2.3 million tonnes compared to January 2012.
  • Wheat grain graded for milling comprised 68% (15.9 million tonnes) of the total wheat grain stored, with the remaining 32% (7.4 million tonnes) graded for feed.
  • The total wheat grain stored in February 2012 was 2.9 million tonnes (14%) more than the amount stored in February 2011.

Graph Image for Stocks of wheat grain by state(a)

Annotation(s): (a) The end of September is used to represent the closing stocks of wheat grain prior to the commencement of the next harvest period (October to September). (b) NSW includes ACT (c) Victoria includes Tasmania

Source(s): Wheat Stocks and Exports, Australia (cat. no. 7307.0)

Graph Image for Wheat Grain Stored(a)

Annotation(s): (a) The end of September is used to represent the closing stocks of wheat grain prior to the commencement of the next harvest period (October to September).

Source(s): Stocks of Grain Held by Bulk Handling Companies and Grain Traders, Australia (cat. no. 7122.0.55.001)



Graph Image for Wheat grain stored by grade(a) (b)

Annotation(s): (a) The end of September is used to represent the closing stocks of wheat grain prior to the commencement of the next harvest period (October to September). (b) Wheat grain is graded by quality.

Source(s): Wheat Stocks and Exports, Australia (cat. no. 7307.0)


Bookmark and Share. Opens in a new window

Commonwealth of Australia 2014

Unless otherwise noted, content on this website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Australia Licence together with any terms, conditions and exclusions as set out in the website Copyright notice. For permission to do anything beyond the scope of this licence and copyright terms contact us.