LATEST RELEASE: FEDERAL DEFENDANTS, 2010
RELEASED: 28th April 2011, cat. no. 4515.0
The Federal Defendants publication presents statistics about finalised defendants charged with federal offences that were dealt with by the Higher, Magistrates' and Children's criminal courts, for all states and territories, except Tasmania.
Recently released figures show that while the number of defendants with at least one federal offence finalised in Australia’s Criminal Courts remained stable at 14,000 in 2009-10, the total number of federal offences increased by 38%. In addition the average number of offences per defendant increased from 2.5 in 2008-09 to 3.5 federal offences for 2009-10.
Figures also showed over a third (34%) of defendants had a principal federal offence of fraud, deception and other related offences and a further 26% had a principal federal offence of offences against justice procedures and government security.
- Jan 27th - Criminal Courts, Australia, 2009-10 (cat. no. 4513.0)
- Feb 17th - Crime Victimisation, Australia, 2009-10 (cat. no. 4530.0)
- Feb 24th - Recorded Crime Offenders, Australia, 2009-10 (cat. no. 4519.0)
- Mar 17th - Corrective Services, Australia, Dec 2010 (cat. no. 4512.0)
- June 2nd - Australian & New Zealand Standard Offence Classification (ANZSOC), 2011 (cat. no.1234.0)
- June 15th - Corrective Services, Australia, March 2011 (cat. no. 4512.0)
- June 16th - Crime Information Paper: Measuring victims of crime in Australia: A guide to using administrative and survey data, 2011 (cat. no. 4500.0.55.001)
- June 23rd - Recorded Crime Victims, Australia, 2010 (cat. no. 4510.0)
- June 27th - Sentence Quantum, 2009-10 (cat. no. 4513.0)
Source: Federal Defendants, 2010 (cat. no. 4515.0)