UNDERSTANDING DEMOGRAPHIC DATA: FUTURE COURSES
'Understanding Demographic Data,' the popular one-day seminar offered by ABS Demography, will be held in Canberra in March 2004, and courses are planned for Perth and Sydney later in the year. The March 2004 Canberra course will cater mainly for ACT government representatives and courses catering for other organisations will be scheduled for later in the year.
The seminar provides an understanding of the demographic data framework and the processes which shape the population, and includes practical exercises in the analysis of demographic data. Key issues covered include:
- Relationship of Census counts to Estimated Resident Population
- Components of population growth: births; deaths; internal and overseas migration
- How the ABS produces population estimates and projections, including for Indigenous people and small areas
- The relevance of demographic data to society and the economy
- Tools for demographic analysis, with practical exercises
- Population dynamics such as population momentum, ageing and migration effects on the population profile.
Course notes and a copy of Australian Demographic Statistics are provided. The cost per participant is $350, which includes a light lunch. A discount of $25 applies for those who register a month in advance.
To register for the Canberra course, contact Victoria Allen on (02) 6207 0277, or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on courses held in the rest of Australia, please contact Ian Appleby on (02) 6252 6141 or email@example.com