Statistical Skills for Better Decision-Making
Free ABS Training:
Accessing ABS Information
Call Marg Garner on (08) 9360 5172
This FREE 2 hour training seminar can be tailored to new or existing users of the ABS Website, and is available to the whole community.
This seminar will increase participants’ ability to access ABS information, including the wealth of free data available on the ABS website. It will also introduce participants to the range of ABS services and help available.
Course outcomes - This seminar will:
• raise awareness of the broad range of content on the ABS Website.
• enable participants to browse, search and retrieve a range of information from the ABS Website.
• identify where to find ABS services and help.
This seminar is designed for users who want a broad overview of the ABS Website, as well as search strategies for accessing FREE data available from the Website.
Understanding Demographic Data
This one-day course provides an understanding of the ABS Demographic Data Framework and processes which shape the population. The course includes practical exercises in the analysis of demographic data.
People who use ABS demographic statistics, either to write reports or prepare policy recommendations, at the end of the course will be able to:
• understand the demographic data framework
• understand processes which shape the population
• analyse basic demographic data.
Date: 18 November 2008
Venue: Level 15, Exchange Plaza
2 The Esplanade, Perth
Registrations: (08) 9360 5205