MAJOR GROUP 3 TECHNICIANS AND TRADES WORKERS
TECHNICIANS AND TRADES WORKERS perform a variety of skilled tasks, applying broad or in-depth technical, trade or industry specific knowledge, often in support of scientific, engineering, building and manufacturing activities.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least three years of experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2); or
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2); or
NZ Register Level 4 qualification, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- carrying out tests and experiments, and providing technical support to Health Professionals, Natural and Physical Science Professionals and Engineering Professionals
- providing technical support to users of computer hardware and software
- fabricating, repairing and maintaining metal, wood, glass and textile products
- repairing and maintaining motor vehicles, aircraft, marine craft and electrical and electronic machines and equipment
- constructing, repairing, fitting-out and finishing buildings and other structures
- operating printing and binding equipment
- preparing and cooking food
- shearing, caring for, training and grooming animals, and assisting Veterinarians
- propagating and cultivating plants, and establishing and maintaining turf surfaces for sporting events
- cutting and styling hair
- operating chemical, gas, petroleum and power generation equipment
- providing technical assistance for the production, recording and broadcasting of artistic performances