AUGUST KEY FIGURES
July 2013 to August 2013
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
AUGUST KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate was relatively unchanged in August 2013 (0.0%). This follows a rise of 0.1% in July 2013 and a rise of 0.1% in June 2013.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.4% in August 2013. This follows a rise of 0.1% July 2013 and a relatively unchanged June 2013 (0.0%).
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 1.7% in August 2013 compared with August 2012.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in August 2013: Food retailing (0.1%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.5%), Household goods retailing (0.2%) and Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.2%). Department stores (-0.9%) and Other retailing (-0.3%) fell in trend terms in August 2013.
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in August 2013: South Australia (0.6%), Victoria (0.1%), the Northern Territory (0.9%) and Tasmania (0.5%). Queensland was relatively unchanged (0.0%). New South Wales (-0.1%), Western Australia (-0.1%) and the Australian Capital Territory (-0.2%) fell in trend terms in August 2013.
CHANGES TO THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|September 2013 ||4 November 2013|
|October 2013 ||3 December 2013|
|November 2013 ||9 January 2014|
|December 2013 ||6 February 2014|
|January 2014 ||6 March 2014|
|February 2014 ||3 April 2014|
There are no changes to this issue.
Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication, the quarterly chain volume measures and the following additional current price monthly series:
- Retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by six industry groups in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sector, by state in original terms
- Retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Angus Bristow on Sydney (02) 9268 4308.