AUGUST KEY FIGURES
Jul 07 to Aug 07
|Turnover at current prices |
|Trend estimates |
|Seasonally adjusted estimates |
Trend estimates -
AUGUST KEY POINTS
- The trend estimate of turnover for the Australian Retail and Hospitality/Services series increased by 0.6% in August 2007. This follows revised increases of 0.6% in both July and June 2007.
- In August 2007, all states and territories had an increase in the trend estimate. The largest increase occurred in Queensland (+1.1%).
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES
- The seasonally adjusted estimate of turnover for the Australian Retail and Hospitality/Services series increased by 0.7% in August 2007. This follows revised increases of 0.8% in July 2007 and 1.6% in June 2007.
- All states and territories had increases in the seasonally adjusted estimate. The largest increases occurred in the Australian Capital Territory (+2.2%) and Tasmania (+1.3%).
- In original terms, Australian turnover increased by 2.1% in August 2007 compared with July 2007. Chains and other large retailers (which are completely enumerated) increased by 1.1%, while the estimate for 'smaller' retailers (the sampled units) increased by 3.5%.
- Australian turnover increased by 8.3% in August 2007 compared with August 2006. Chains and other large retailers increased by 9.6%, while 'smaller' retailers increased by 6.7%.
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|September 2007 ||1 November 2007|
|October 2007 ||4 December 2007|
|November 2007 ||9 January 2008|
|December 2007 ||5 February 2008|
|January 2008 ||4 March 2008|
|February 2008 ||4 April 2008|
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
As indicated in the July issue, this issue contains revised data from July 2007 back to the beginning of the series. See the article on the next page for more detail.
CHAIN VOLUME MEASURES
As the current price estimates have been revised, the Chain Volume Measures have subsequently been revised. The revised data are in Tables 14 and 15.
Standard errors for the Australian estimates (original data) for August 2007 contained in this publication are:
|Data Series |
|Level of retail turnover ($m) |
|Change from preceding month ($m) |
|% change from preceding month (%) |
For more information see the Explanatory Notes, paragraphs 32-36.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070 or Graham Phillips on Canberra (02) 6252 5625.