- As cited by Bonar, J., 1926, First essay on population, 1798. Thomas Robert Malthus, Macmillan, London.
- House of Representatives Standing Committee on Long Term Strategies, 1994 Australia's Population 'Carrying Capacity': One nation - two ecologies. AGPS.
- Department of Family and Community Services, 2001, Low fertility: a discussion paper. Occasional Paper Number 2, Barnes A., DFACS. Canberra.
- Department of Aboriginal Affairs (DAA), 1981, Report on a review of the administration of the working definition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Constitutional Section, DAA. Canberra.
- ABS, Information Paper: Census of Population and Housing: Data Quality - Undercount, 1996 (Cat. no. 2940.0).
- ABS, Demographic Estimates and Projections: Concepts, Sources and Methods, Chapter 2, National and State Population Estimates. Statistical Concepts Reference Library, ABS website <www.abs.gov.au>.