UNIT GROUP 5993 DEBT COLLECTORS
DEBT COLLECTORS collect consumer, commercial, insurance and other forms of debt for clients, make arrangements to settle overdue accounts, formalise payment arrangements and follow up until accounts are fully paid.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- liaising with clients, credit staff, accounts receivable departments, process servers, Private Investigators, Barristers and Solicitors to find solutions to payment problems
- identifying, locating and notifying debtors of overdue accounts in writing, by telephoning and in person, and arranging for payments to be made
- tracing addresses of debtors who have moved
- arranging new repayment plans for debtors having difficulties making existing repayments
- referring debtors' disputes to creditors
- issuing instructions for the commencement of legal action and enforcement to recover money
- arranging for money and goods collected to be transferred to creditors' possession, and preparing statements of account for creditors
- recording amounts collected and noting any further action required
- complying with debt collection guidelines and relevant legislation
599311 DEBT COLLECTOR
Debt Recovery Officer
Mercantile Agent (Aus)
Collects consumer, commercial, insurance and other forms of debt for clients, makes arrangements to settle overdue accounts, formalises payment arrangements and follows up until accounts are fully paid. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 4