MINOR GROUP 521 PERSONAL ASSISTANTS AND SECRETARIES
PERSONAL ASSISTANTS AND SECRETARIES perform organisational, clerical, secretarial and other administrative tasks in support of Managers and Professionals.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- liaising with other staff about a range of matters relating to the organisation's operations
- drafting and preparing documents such as briefing notes, memoranda and correspondence
- maintaining appointment diaries and making travel arrangements
- processing mail, filing correspondence and maintaining records
- answering telephone calls and inquiries
- taking and transcribing dictation of letters and other documents