UNIT GROUP 8112 COMMERCIAL CLEANERS
COMMERCIAL CLEANERS clean offices, residential complexes, hospitals, schools, industrial work areas, industrial machines, construction sites and other commercial premises using heavy duty cleaning equipment.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- vacuuming carpets, curtains and upholstered furniture
- cleaning, dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures and fittings
- removing rubbish and recyclable material, and emptying containers, bins and trays
- stripping wax from floors, re-waxing and polishing floors
- cleaning and disinfecting laundry and bathroom fixtures, replenishing supplies and reporting defective plumbing fixtures
- operating industrial vacuum cleaners to clean floors, work areas and machines
- removing dust and dirt from ceilings, walls, overhead pipes and fixtures
- applying acids and solvents to surfaces to remove stains and dirt
- removing lint, dust, soot, oil, grease, sludge and other residues from machines, hulls and holds of ships, and interiors and exteriors of furnaces, boilers and tanks
- may clean exteriors of buildings by sand-blasting and applying solvents
811211 Commercial Cleaner
811211 COMMERCIAL CLEANER
Cleans offices, residential complexes, hospitals, schools, industrial work areas, industrial machines, construction sites and other commercial premises using heavy duty cleaning equipment.
Skill Level: 5
Aircraft Cabin Cleaner