SUB-MAJOR GROUP 55 NUMERICAL CLERKS
NUMERICAL CLERKS compile, record and process documents relating to creditors and debtors, operating costs, financial transactions and payrolls, provide financial services to bank customers, and undertake routine statistical and actuarial computations.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this sub-major group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- processing accounts payable and receivable, and payment of wages and salaries
- keeping financial records, and maintaining, reconciling and balancing accounts
- processing and authorising credit and loan applications, and processing insurance applications and claims
- accepting money deposited by customers and crediting customers' accounts
- maintaining records of securities registrations and transactions
- compiling financial and statistical data, tables, graphs and charts