UNIT GROUP 6393 TELEMARKETERS
TELEMARKETERS telephone existing and prospective customers to promote goods and services, and obtain sales and arrange sales visits.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- working from scripts and lists of contacts to promote goods and services by telephone
- creating interest in goods and services, and seeking a sale or agreement to see sales representatives
- arranging processing and despatch of goods and services, information kits and brochures to customers
- arranging appointments for sales representatives
- recording notes for follow-up action and updating marketing databases to reflect changes to the status of each customer
- reporting competitor activities and issues raised by contacts for attention by managers
- maintaining statistics of calls made and successes achieved
- submitting periodic reports on telemarketing activities and results
- may work in a call centre
Telephones existing and prospective customers to promote goods and services, and obtain sales or arrange sales visits. May work in a call centre.
Skill Level: 5