CHANGES TO THE 2006 SURVEY INSTRUMENTS
The 2006 survey introduced a number of data items that had not been collected in previous surveys. The main additions were:
- questions in the diary about:
- self assessed health status;
- trust of people;
- satisfaction with the time spent on the diary days;
- satisfaction with time spent alone or with other people;
- attitude towards gardening; and
- volunteer work.
- questions in the questionnaire about:
- household use of computers and the Internet;
- proficiency in spoken English;
- indicators of casual employment;
- working from home as an arrangement with an employer, and technology used to work from home;
- whether the dwelling is managed by a body corporate; and
- whether respondents are grandparents and whether they provide care for their grandchildren.