ASSUMPTIONS IN THE MODEL
The modelling methodology used to create the experimental estimates presented in this publication is based on the following assumptions:
- the national ANZSIC subdivision estimates and state/territory division estimates published in Australian Industry were of sufficient quality to warrant disaggregation, respectively, at ANZSIC class level and state/territory level
- it was valid to distribute the difference between Australian Industry national subdivision estimates and the initial experimental subdivision estimates, based on the size of the modelled stream
- the relationship between the EAS data items and the BAS data items is meaningful and consistent. Analysis supports this assumption, with the correlation being of consistent quality to produce reliable estimates
- the auxiliary (BAS) data was of high quality
- the industry coding was accurate on both the ATO maintained ABR and the ABSBR.