NAME OF ORGANISATION
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS)
To provide a measure of the usage of IT&T by Federal, State and Local government organisations, including IT&T operating expenses, IT&T capex, wages and salaries of IT&T staff, outsourcing, and use of electronic service delivery.
To provide a measure of the usage of IT&T by Federal, State and Local government organisations, including IT&T operating expenses, IT&T capex, wages and salaries of IT&T staff, outsourcing, and use of electronic service delivery. Data from the proposed survey will be used by the Department of Communication, Information Technology and the Arts, the National Office for the Information Economy, and the Office of the Government Online. State Government agencies, such as Multimedia Victoria and the Department of Information Technology and Management in NSW, and Local Government Authorities will also use the data from this publication.
Scope: all SISCA 3000 units.
Coverage: the following are excluded from the survey:
- Organisations classified to SISCA 1000, 2200, 2300, 2400, 4000, 5000 and 6000 (Corporate Trading, Depository Corporations, Insurance Corporations and Pension Funds, Other Financial Institutions, Households and Non-Profit Institutions Serving Households, and Rest of the World)
- ANZSIC Subdivision 84 (Education)*
- ANZSIC 8130 (Foreign Government Representation)
- ANZSIC 9629 (School Councils, Parents' and Teacher Associations)**
- TOLOs 3, 6, 7, 8 and 9 (Proprietary Limited Companies, Sole Proprietorships, Family Partnerships, Other Partnerships and Trusts).
- Non-Employing Government Units.
- all Federal departments
- all State/Territory government departments
- a sample of Federal and State/Territory statutory bodies, local government organisations and other government entities
- ANZSIC subdivision 84 (education organisations)
- ANZSIC class 8130 (foreign government representation)
- ANZSIC class 9629 (school councils, parent and teacher associations and student unions)
- Australian Defence Force permanent and general reserve personnel and expenses associated with military equipment, facilities and inventories
- non-employing government units
Main outputs include IT&T operating expenses, IT&T capex, wages and salaries of IT&T staff, outsourcing, and use of electronic service delivery.
Federal/State/LGA; Size/no. of employees; met x exmet; region
Other concepts (summary)
1. National & State/Territory\1.01 Australia
1. National & State/Territory\1.02 All States & Territories
Comments and/or Other Regions
Some users have recommended more frequent collections, as pace of change in the area is extremely rapid.
Has been collected twice previously: 1993-94, and 1997-98.
Data availability comments
DATE OF LAST UPDATE FOR THIS DOCUMENT
19/12/2002 04:10 PM