GUIDE TO FINDING STATISTICS ABOUT NSW
Looking for statistics about NSW? The ABS provides information about Australian states and territories and regions that make up our states and territories.
On the ABS Web Site:
NSW in Focus (cat. no. 1338.1), is the premier reference guide for information on NSW. It presents up-to-date relevant information on the social, demographic and economic structure of NSW, drawn from both ABS and non-ABS sources. Note: Many ABS national publications also include information about NSW.
National Regional Profile, 2004 (cat. no. 1379.0.55.001) for states/territories (down to Local Government Areas, suburbs, etc.) include data from ABS and other sources. Each profile includes information about land area, population, births and deaths, remoteness, unemployment, income support data, wage and salary earners, new vehicle sales and building approvals:
Theme page for NSW:
A web page that provides useful links to help you select relevant ABS products and services and useful links:
- Click on Regional Statistics, then ‘Main areas - by Name’ under ‘Regional Statistics’ on the left hand side of the ABS home page
- Click on the NSW link for whole-of-NSW figures, or drill down to smaller areas
- Double click to open and view
- Alternatively, use the map provided by drilling down to the area you want.
- From the ABS home page, click on the Themes link in the navigator bar near the top or bottom
- Select the 'NSW' link under 'Regional Statistics'.