UNDERSTANDING DEMOGRAPHIC DATA: FUTURE COURSES
'Understanding Demographic Data,' the popular one-day course offered by ABS Demography, will be held in Sydney on 26 and 27 August 2004. To register contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or (02) 9268 4194.
The course provides an understanding of demographic information produced and disseminated by the ABS and the processes which shape the population, and includes practical exercises in the analysis of demographic information. Key issues covered include:
- Relationship of Census counts to Estimated Resident Population
- Components of population growth: births; deaths; internal and overseas migration
- How the ABS produces population estimates and projections, including for Indigenous people and small areas
- The relevance of demographic data to society and the economy
- Tools for demographic analysis, with practical exercises
- Population dynamics such as population momentum, ageing and migration effects on the population profile.
Course notes and a copy of Australian Demographic Statistics are provided. The cost per participant is $350, which includes a light lunch. A discount of $25 applies for those who register a month in advance.
This page last updated 14 September 2007