Get more out of CDATA96..
with Detailed Base Map Data
Detailed Base Map is now available as an add-on to CDATA96. These data enable you to overlay features such as streets, post offices, hospitals, waterways, police stations, churches, schools and more onto maps generated with CDATA96.
Finding a specific location such as the intersection of two streets is now a simple search task with Detailed Base Map data. Once you have located the point of interest you can use CDATA96 to perform a demographic analysis of a surrounding area.
Similarly with Detailed Base Map data you can make informed assessments regarding the level of public utilities such as hospitals, schools, police stations and post offices in a particular region. You can also attach detailed labels to your maps which can include town or suburb names.
This will make your maps far more user friendly and meaningful.
Detailed Base Map enables you to :
- plot potential sites and analyse the demographic data for a surrounding area
- analyse the level of public resources in any area you choose
- add more meaning to your maps by providing access to a wide range of features
In the following example a florist is looking for a site to locate a new outlet.
The Statistical Local Area of Booroondara Camberwell has been chosen to ascertain if the site on Toorak Rd would be suitable. The owner of the florist shop has already conducted a number of analyses and has determined that;
- a new site needs to be close to a hospital as many visitors to hospitals take flowers
- a new site should be close to a church as there is a large potential market in the supply of flowers for weddings and funerals, and
- in addition to the above, an ideal site should have good access to major roads for fast flower deliveries.
In order to undertake this analysis the florist selected the SLA of Booroondara Camberwell. She then overlaid the layer of street data and followed this by selecting hospitals and churches. The data variable depicting the number of people who earned more than $1000 a week was also chosen to allow the florist to make an assessment of the income levels in the area.
Detailed Base Map data will enable you to get the most out of CDATA96 and assist your organisation in improving client service and market penetration.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics has an extensive range of other data which can be imported directly into CDATA96. Whether you're interested in information on ethnicity in Australia or transportation, the ABS can provide information tailored to your needs. Call your State ABS office for more information on how we can help you.
This page last updated 30 July 2007