Shortcuts - The Environmental hot spot!
When it comes to statistics about the environment the ABS is a good place to turn. Land management, water, energy and household statistics are all available on the ABS web site free-of-charge.
A good place to begin is the Theme pages on the ABS web site. These pages provide a one stop shop on a wide range of subjects. Click on Themes on left hand panel of the ABS home page and choose Environment and Energy.
Key environment publications
Keeping up to date
- Australia’s Environment: Issues and Trends (Cat. no. 4613.0). An environmental snapshot, this title presents a wide selection of information and statistics about major aspects of Australia's environment. It is aimed at a general audience.
- Environmental Issues: People’s Views and Practices (Cat. no. 4602.0). The 2005 issue focussed on energy use and conservation and covers a range of issues including energy sources, energy use and energy saving measures in households.
- Water Account (Cat. no. 4610.0). Presents information on the supply and use of water in the economy as well as about water stocks, environmental flows and water trading.
- Land Management: Fitzroy and Livingstone Shires, Queensland, 2004-05 (Cat. no. 4651.0). Details a local area survey undertaken using a land parcel approach for data collection, enabling the dissemination and mapping of small area statistics.
- Water use on Australian farms (Cat. no. 4618.0). As with the other titles, this publication provides a wealth of fascinating information.
Subscribe to the free ABS Environmental Statistics Newsletter. Email your address details to email@example.com in the Centre of Environment and Energy Statistics.
You can also subscribe to the ABS Email Notification Service or ABS RSS to be sent alerts when new issues of your favourite publications are released. Subscribe to these from the ABS home page at www.abs.gov.au
This page last updated 23 May 2007