LENDING FINANCE COMMITMENTS
DECEMBER KEY FIGURES, Western Australia
Nov 09 to Dec 09
Dec 08 to Dec 09
|Housing finance for owner occupation |
|Personal finance |
|Commercial finance |
|Lease finance |
|Source: Lending Finance, Australia (cat. no. 5671.0). |
- In original terms, the December 2009 value of housing finance commitments for owner occupation decreased by more than 5% from the previous month, notwithstanding an annual increase of almost 17%. The cessation of the Federal Government's First Home Owners' Boost at the end of 2009 is reflected in the December fall.
- Commercial finance commitments also decreased in the month of December, down 2% from the previous month and 0.8% from December 2008.
- The value of personal finance commitments increased to $1.1 billion, almost 4% higher than for the previous month and 15% higher than for the same month of the previous year.
- Lease finance commitments increased from just under $18 million in November 2009 to $24 million in December (up 37%) but this was 43% lower than for December 2008).
- In comparison with personal finance lending, commercial lending has shown greater volatility in recent years, although it has remained at a generally lower level since the onset of the global financial crisis.
The following link takes you to time series spreadsheets for Lending Finance, Australia, Dec 2009 (cat. no. 5671.0)
Data for Western Australia can be found in Table 23: Commercial Finance Commitments; Table 35: Lease Finance Commitments; Table 57: Personal Finance Commitments.
- The next link takes you to the time series spreadsheets for Housing Finance, Australia, Dec 2009 (cat.no. 5609.0). Table 7 contains housing finance commitments for owner occupation by State/Territory.