Adding Datapaks to CDATA96 provides immediate access to much more 1996 Census information.
CDATA96 provides data on where people were counted on Census night, and with Add-On Datapaks you can now access the following information:
For further information on the above Profiles, please read on.
- Usual Residents Profile - data based on where people actually live as opposed to where they were on Census night;
- Expanded Community Profile - provides more detailed information for larger areas than the Basic Community Profiles;
- Working Population Profile - based on where people work rather than where they live; and
- Indigenous Profile - focuses on the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population.
Also available as Add-On Datapaks are:
CDATA96 Add-On Datapaks allow you to:
- Estimated Resident Population - the official estimate of the Australian population as at 30 June 1991 and 1996, in 5 year age groups at Statistical Local Area level; and
- Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas 96 (released September '98) - provides five indexes which group Australians according to their social and economic attributes - a later article contains further details.
- gain access to far more detailed versions of existing CDATA96 tables;
- focus on the occupations of the workforce and how they travel to work each day;
- identify pockets where the skilled, educated, affluent or disadvantaged live;
- compile a demographic profile of Australia's Indigenous population, and
- choose specific datasets you may be interested in.
Datapaks are individually priced and installation is a simple process.
For further information on Add-On Datapaks, please contact your local ABS office.
Datapaks may be used in the same manner as the Basic and Time Series Profiles within your existing CDATA96 package - tabulate, map, graph or export the additional data.