A NEW DISSEMINATION STRATEGY FOR OVERSEAS ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE STATISTICS
The ABS has recently undertaken a review of the dissemination strategy for Overseas Arrival and Departure Statistics. Based on stakeholder feedback on the ABS Demography Working Paper 2003/4 - A New Dissemination Strategy for Overseas Arrival and Departure Statistics (circulated in May 2003), the following changes are set to occur;
For more information please contact Olivia Agius on (02) 6252 5640 or email@example.com
- The monthly publication, Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia (cat.no. 3401.0) will contain final data only - effective as of 24 July 2003.
- Preliminary estimates of short-term visitor arrivals will be released electronically on the ABS website http:\\www.abs.gov.au - effective as of 24 July 2003. The electronic release, Short-term Visitor Arrivals to Australia, Preliminary (cat. no. 3401.0.55.001) can be found at the ABS Homepage and selecting Main Features (located under Statistical Products and Services) and then Migration. This electronic release will cease from the end of 2003.
- Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia will no longer provide calendar and financial year to date data and analysis - effective as of 11 August 2003.
- The table structure in Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia (cat. no. 3401.0) will be modified - effective as of 11 August 2003.
- Associated Time Series Spreadsheets will be updated to reflect the modified table structure presented in Overseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia (cat. no. 3401.0) - effective as of 11 August 2003.
- Additional quarterly Time Series Spreadsheets (as specified in the Working Paper mentioned above) will be added to the Time Series Spreadsheet collection - date yet to be announced.