Appendix B. Cross reference with data issue discussions from the Transport IDP
The data issues discussed in this paper were initially identified in the revised Transport Information Development Plan (IDP) and discussed at the Transport Statistics User Group (TSUG) meeting on 23 July 2003. Appendix B allows stakeholders to cross reference the identified data issues from this paper with those outlined in the Transport IDP.
- Authoritative data set (Issue 2.1) Data issue 16. The issue relates to paragraph 109, Public health: accidents and deaths.
- Measuring level movements in key variables (Issue 2.2) Relevant to all issues covered within section 4. Data Use, Users and Data Issues.
- Data volatility (Issue 2.3) Relevant to all issues covered within section 4. Data Use, Users and Data Issues.
- Geographic patterns of activity (i.e. national, state, capital city and environs) (Issue 2.4) Data issue 11. The issue relates to paragraph 104, Data geography and frequency.
- Impact of unregistered vehicles (Issue 2.5) This Data issues was not specifically addressed by the Transport IDP.
- Quality of fuel use estimates (Issue 2.6) Relevant to many issues covered within section 4. Data Use, Users and Data Issues.
- Data frequency requirements (Issue 3.1) Data issue 12. The issue relates to paragraph 104, Data geography and frequency.
- Capturing transport activity by industry (Issue 3.2) Data issue 1. The issue relates to paragraph 39 , Economic management and forecasting.
- Cross sector use of transport data (environmental, financial)
- Environmental (Issue 3.3.1) Data issues 3-5. The issue relates to paragraphs 42-48, Environmental outcomes.
- Financial/economic (Issues 3.3.2) Data issue 6. The issue relates to paragraph 63, Financial performance of the transport industry.
- Vehicle classification used by the ABS (Issue 3.4) Data issue 16. The issue relates to paragraph 151, Common Framework.
- Question changes on SMVU forms (Issue 3.5) Not covered explicitly by the Transport IDP.
This page last updated 20 January 2006