Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,519,587 1 new person every 1 minute and 24 seconds. Consumer price index 1.7% September quarter 2019 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.5% Quarterly change Jun 2019 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,633.80 May 2019 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.3% September 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 12 November 2019Fewer people delaying seeing GPsPatient Experiences in Australia: Summary of Findings
- Tuesday 12 November 2019Labour Account: Concepts, Sources and Methods updatedAustralian Labour Account: Concepts, Sources and Methods
- Tuesday 12 November 2019Additional annual Labour Accounts data released todayLabour Account Australia, Quarterly Experimental Estimates (Additional Information)
- Tuesday 12 November 20192017-18 Income and Housing Basic CURF now availableMicrodata: Income and Housing, Australia (Additional Information)
- Monday 11 November 2019Australians visiting Japan up 15.1% from a year agoOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
Gender Indicators, Australia, Nov 2019 Mixed outcomes for men and women towards equity Gender gaps between men and women are closing in some areas, according to the 2019 Gender Indicators publication. The data shows that while more women than men are enrolled in tertiary degree courses and more women have degrees, for graduates of most fields of study females are paid less than their male counterparts.
Consumer Price Index, Australia, Sep 2019 CPI rose 0.5 per cent in the September 2019 quarter The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 0.5 per cent in the September 2019 quarter. This follows a rise of 0.6 per cent in the June 2019 quarter. ABS Chief Economist, Bruce Hockman said: "Despite the price falls for fruit and vegetables this quarter, the drought is impacting on the prices for a range of food products."
Learn about your electorate through our interactive map