Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,457,589 1 new person every 1 minute and 13 seconds. Consumer price index 1.6% June quarter 2019 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.4% Quarterly change Mar 2019 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,633.80 May 2019 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.3% July 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
- Wednesday 21 August 2019In 2017-18, 1 in 3 merchandise exporters traded with NZCharacteristics of Australian Exporters
- Friday 16 August 2019Breastfeeding information released todayNational Health Survey: First Results (Additional Information)
- Thursday 15 August 2019Trend unemployment rate at 5.3%Labour Force, Australia
- Thursday 15 August 2019Growth in average wages increasesAverage Weekly Earnings, Australia
- Thursday 15 August 2019NZ remains leading destination for the Aussie travellerOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
Household Income and Wealth, Australia, 2017-18 Household Income and Wealth The latest release of the ABS’ Survey of Income and Housing provides detailed information on the income, wealth, housing and living arrangements of Australian households and measures changes in economic wellbeing over time.
Jobs in Australia, 2011-12 to 2016-17 1 in 4 employed people under 30 work multiple jobs People under the age of 30 are the most likely to hold more than one job, according to new figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). Overall, employed people worked a total number of 19.2 million jobs during 2016-17, an increase of 3.6 per cent over the previous 12 months.
6.6 million Aussies drive their car to work, up 500,000 since 2011