Australian National Accounts: Finance and Wealth
- Household wealth rose $172.8b (1.2%) to a record $14,891b
- Demand for credit was at a record $218.8b, an increase of $103.9b
- Australia's net lending position fell $8.6b to $2.7b
- Capital investment as a proportion of GDP fell to 22.7%
Australian National Accounts: Tourism Satellite Account
- Tourism gross domestic product (GDP) fell 37.9% in chain volume terms.
- Tourism's contribution to economy GDP fell from 2.6% to 1.6%.
- Domestic tourism consumption fell 12.1%, and international fell 94.9% in chain volume terms.
- Tourism employed persons fell 20.3% to 507,000 people.
2020-21 financial year
Tourism Satellite Accounts: quarterly tourism labour statistics, Australia, experimental estimates
In March quarter 2022, there were 645,000 tourism jobs: This was:
- 15,100 (2.4%) more jobs than December quarter 2021
- 22,500 (3.6%) more jobs than March quarter 2021
- 1 in 23 (4.4%) filled jobs in the economy