The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) and the New Zealand Department of Statistics (NZDOS) have jointly released the first edition of the Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC) - ABS Catalogue Number 1292.0.
The ANZSIC has been developed as the standard industrial classification for use in the production and analysis of industry statistics in both countries. It replaces the Australian Standard Industrial Classification (ASIC) and the New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (NZSIC) which have been used in their respective countries as the standard classifications for many years.
The purpose of this information paper is to describe:
- the development of the ANZSIC classification;
- the major differences between the old ASIC and the new ANZSIC;
- how and when the ANZSIC will be implemented in ABS statistical series;
- the kinds of products and services that will follow the implementation of the ANZSIC;
- how the ANZSIC will be maintained, and
- how and when it might be reviewed in the future.
This publication has been converted from older electronic formats and does not necessarily have the same appearance and functionality as later releases.
Related to: Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification (ANZSIC) (cat. no. 1292.0)