NOVEMBER KEY FIGURES
October 2019 to November 2019
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
NOVEMBER KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.3% in November 2019. This follows a rise of 0.3% in October 2019, and a rise of 0.3% in September 2019.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.9% in November 2019. This follows a rise of 0.1% in October 2019, and a rise of 0.2% in September 2019.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.9% in November 2019 compared with November 2018.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in November 2019: Food retailing (0.3%), Household goods retailing (0.4%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessory retailing (0.6%), Cafes, restaurants and takeaway food services (0.3%), Department stores (0.5%), and Other retailing (0.1%).
- The following states and territories rose in trend terms in November 2019: Queensland (0.5%), New South Wales (0.3%), Western Australia (0.4%), Victoria (0.1%), Tasmania (0.8%), South Australia (0.2%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.5%), and the Northern Territory (0.5%).
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|December 2019 ||6 February 2020|
|January 2020 ||6 March 2020|
|February 2020 ||3 April 2020|
|March 2020 ||6 May 2020|
|April 2020 ||4 June 2020|
|May 2020 ||3 July 2020|
There are no revisions to the original estimates.
A seasonal break has been included in the Electrical and electronic goods retailing sub-industry, the Household goods industry and Total Retail from the November 2017 reference month. This accounts for changes in consumer buying patterns due to Black Friday sales. The break has lead to revisions to the seasonally adjusted estimate for these series. It will not impact related publications, including Australian National Accounts: National Income, Expenditure and Product (cat. no. 5206.0)
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the November 2019 reference month. The estimates are provided and explained in the appendix section of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
- Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms
- Quarterly measures of total retail turnover per capita.