MARCH KEY STATISTICS
The Industrial Disputes release provides statistics monitoring the level of industrial disputation in Australia.
Year Ended Estimates;
- 44 disputes occurred, 18 fewer than in the previous quarter.
- 9,300 employees were involved, a decrease from 28,800 in the previous quarter.
- 16,600 working days were lost, a decrease from 30,900 in the previous quarter.
- More than four in ten (43%) working days lost were in the Transport, postal and warehousing industry.
- More than six in ten (63%) working days lost were in NSW.
- 177 disputes occurred, 23 more than the previous year.
- 107,400 working days were lost, 22% fewer than the previous year.
|Number of disputes |
|Commenced in period (no.) |
|Total (no.) |
|Employees involved |
|Newly involved ('000) |
|Total ('000) |
|Working days lost ('000) |
Revisions have been made to the December quarter 2018 data. The data items affected were working days lost and employees involved at total Australia level and the Education and training; Healthcare and social assistance industry. These revisions are reflected in Tables 1 to 3 and the associated time series spreadsheet.
For further information about these and related statistics, contact the National Information and Referral Service on 1300 135 070.