AUGUST KEY FIGURES
July 2016 to August 2016
|Turnover at current prices |
|Seasonally Adjusted |
AUGUST KEY POINTS
Current Prices -
- The trend estimate rose 0.1% in August 2016. This follows a rise of 0.1% in July 2016 and a rise of 0.1% in June 2016.
- The seasonally adjusted estimate rose 0.4% in August 2016. This follows a relatively unchanged July 2016 (0.0%) and a rise of 0.1% in June 2016.
- In trend terms, Australian turnover rose 2.6% in August 2016 compared with August 2015.
- The following industries rose in trend terms in August 2016: Cafes restaurants and takeaway food services (0.7%), Food retailing (0.2%), Clothing, footwear and personal accessories retailing (0.5%) and Other retailing (0.2%). Household good retailing (-0.3%) and Department stores (-0.7%) fell in trend terms in August 2016.
- The following state and territories rose in trend terms in August 2016: Queensland (0.4%), New South Wales (0.1%), South Australia (0.3%), the Australian Capital Territory (0.2%) and Tasmania (0.2%). Victoria was relatively unchanged (0.0%). Western Australia (-0.1%) and the Northern Territory (-0.3%) fell in trend terms in August 2016.
CHANGES IN THIS ISSUE
|ISSUE ||Release Date|
|September 2016 ||4 November 2016|
|October 2016 ||2 December 2016|
|November 2016 ||10 January 2017|
|December 2016 ||6 February 2017|
|January 2017 ||6 March 2017|
|February 2017 ||3 April 2017|
This issue includes updated online retail turnover estimates for the August 2016 reference month. These estimates are provided and explained within the appendix section of this publication.
There are no revisions to the original estimates. Revisions to seasonally adjusted estimates are due to the concurrent methodology for deriving seasonal factors. For information on seasonal adjustment and trend estimation please refer to the explanatory notes of this publication.
TIME SERIES DATA
Data available from the Downloads tab of this issue on the ABS website include longer time series of tables in this publication:
- Monthly retail turnover by state and 15 industry subgroups in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated and sample sectors, by six industry groups and also by state in original terms
- Monthly retail turnover completely enumerated sector, total level in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail chain volume measures by six industry groups and also by state in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly retail turnover per capita in trend, seasonally adjusted and original terms
- Quarterly sales to households by selected service industries in original terms.