SUMMARY OF OPERATIONS
At the end of June 2010, there were 9,418 dental businesses operating in Australia. These businesses:
- operated from 12,199 locations servicing a population of 22.3 million people at the end of June 2010;
- employed or contracted 30,669 registered medical/health practitioners and other staff providing health care;
- generated income of $6.7b during the 2009-10 financial year;
- incurred expenses of $5.1b in the same period;
- generated operating profit before tax of $1.6b; and
- generated industry value added of $3.7b.