|Page tools: Print Page Print All RSS Search this Product|
Australian farms and farmers
· male (more than two-thirds of farmers were male (77%)), and had
· 37 years experience in farming
Sources of farm income
Australian farming businesses received most of their income from agricultural production in 2017-18:
· 11% was from off farm employment or business activities
· 0.6% was from grants, government transfers and relief funding
Land use on Australian farms
Most agricultural land was used for agricultural production in 2017-18:
· 31 million hectares for crops
· 731,000 hectares for forestry plantation
· 17 million hectares was not used for agricultural production, with half (50%) of this land set aside for conservation/protection purposes.
These documents will be presented in a new window.