9111-11 Commercial Cleaner
Cleans industrial work areas, industrial machinery, commercial premises, residential complexes, hospitals and construction sites using heavy duty cleaning equipment.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- operates industrial vacuum cleaners to clean floors, work areas and machinery
- removes rubbish and empties containers, bins and trays
- removes dust and dirt from ceilings, walls, overhead pipes and fixtures
- applies acids and solvents to surfaces to remove stains and dirt
- removes lint, dust, soot, oil, grease, sludge or other residues from machinery, hulls and holds of ships, and interiors and exteriors of furnaces, boilers and tanks
- vacuums carpets, curtains and upholstered furniture
- cleans, dusts and polishes furniture, fixtures and fittings
- strips old wax from floors, re-waxes and polishes floors
- cleans and disinfects laundry and bathroom fixtures, replenishes expendable supplies and reports defective plumbing fixtures
- may clean exteriors of buildings by sand-blasting or by applying solvents
Aircraft Cabin Cleaner