2383-11 Occupational Therapist
Assesses the function of people whose abilities and daily activities are impaired.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- conducts tests to evaluate and assess emotional, psychological developmental and physical capabilities
- tests and trains patients with perceptual motor problems, learning or developmental disabilities
- assesses and trains people with disabilities in self-care and daily living activities and provides aids and adaptations to assist performance, independence and productivity
- assesses patients' vocational potential and provides work adjustment training and work experience
- plans and directs programs through the use of vocational, recreational, remedial, social and educational activities, conducted on an individual or group basis
- records patients' activities, responses and progress