4913-11 Binder and Finisher
Binds books and other publications, or finishes printed products by hand or machine.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- sets up and supervises the operation of automatic binding and finishing equipment
- binds full, half-bound, quarter-bound and limp-bound books, and repairs bindings
- folds, collates and sews signatures by machine or hand
- operates paper guillotines for pre-press and post-press paper cutting and trimming, and programs electronically-operated units
- may edge-gild, bevel and marble bindings using hand tools
Paper Guillotine Operator (Bookbinding)