Greets clients and visitors and responds to personal, telephone or written inquiries and requests.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- greets visitors
- answers inquiries and provides information on the products, services or activities of the organisation
- answers, connects and transfers telephone calls
- records details of calls not connected and distributes messages
- arranges and records details of appointments
- records outgoing calls and charges and checks incoming accounts
- receives and distributes mail, facsimile messages and other deliveries
- reports technical problems to the telephone supplier and supervisor
- may perform other clerical tasks such as word processing, data entry, filing, mail despatch, facsimile or photocopying equipment operation
- may advise on and arrange reservations and accommodation
Front Office Clerk