6141-13 Credit Clerk
Examines, evaluates and processes applications for credit or loans.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- assesses loan requests through interviews with applicants and examination of references, credit ratings, pay slips and other information
- approves or recommends approval for loans within policy guidelines
- prepares papers setting out conditions of loans, rates of repayment and loan periods
- prepares reports of loans and accounts which have outstanding amounts
- keeps records of arrears of payments and prepares routine letters requesting payment
- prepares statements of overdue accounts and forwards these for legal action
- prepares reports on credit ratings of customers
- answers inquiries concerning loan balances, penalties and credit standing of customers