3399-17 Hair and Beauty Salon Manager
Organises and controls the operations of a hairdressing or beauty salon.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- arranges and schedules client appointments
- attends to hairdressing or beauty treatment requirements of clients
- sells haircare and beauty products and services to clients and advises them on product use
- selects, trains and supervises salon staff
- ensures merchandise is well presented to enhance the salon's image and increase sales
- ensures that salon premises, fixtures and fittings are cleaned and maintained
- manages cash handling and reconciliation
- ensures compliance with occupational health and safety regulations