7914-11 Building Insulation Installer
Installs and applies insulating material such as foam, granules, foil, solar film, batts or blankets to walls, floors, windows and ceilings of buildings to insulate against heat, cold, air, sound or moisture.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- examines plans and specifications to determine type and quantity of insulation required
- sets up scaffolding and ladders
- nails furring strips to walls and ceilings to provide bases for fastening insulation
- cuts insulation material to size and shape
- nails or staples batt-type insulation to joists, studs or furring
- staples vapour barrier sheeting to studs
- fits insulation around obstructions, such as pipes and wiring
- glues insulating blocks and slabs of foamed plastic or cork to walls
- manipulates hoses to blow insulating material, such as mineral wool, loose fill and cellulose fibre fill, or sprays foamed insulation
- measures, cuts and applies solar control film to windows