7111-15 Backhoe Operator
Operates backhoes and attachments to excavate, break, drill, level and compact earth, rock and other material.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- activates attachments and raises or lowers outriggers, blades or buckets
- breaks up paving, rock and similar material by operating pneumatic drills
- back-fills excavations with rock and earth using front-end loader buckets to push, scrape-up and dump material
- services and makes minor adjustments and repairs to equipment
- selects and changes attachments such as different buckets