UNIT GROUP 1212 COMPANY SECRETARIES
COMPANY SECRETARIES plan, administer and review corporate compliance activities and effective practice concerning company board meetings and shareholdings.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- arranging and giving notice of meetings of directors and shareholders
- attending board and shareholder meetings, and directing the preparation of agendas, minutes, resolutions and associated records of proceedings
- controlling the seal of the corporation, and arranging its use, together with signatures, on official documents
- maintaining the company and subsidiary share registers, and accounting for dividend payments
- liaising with other managers, auditors, stockbrokers, bankers, legal advisers and other parties concerned with the acquisition and distribution of assets and share transfers
- overseeing preparation of the company's annual report