7129-19 Concrete Batching Plant Operator
Operates mixing plant to produce batches of concrete from cement, sand, aggregate, water and other ingredients.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- operates controls to transfer materials to gravity feed tanks
- records and confirms batch details
- determines composition and quantities of concrete
- weighs quantities of cement, sand, gravel, other additives and water using manual scales or console controls
- checks position and rotation of concrete truck agitators, signals drivers to increase rotation speed and varies discharge of materials to achieve even mixing
- signals end of discharging and assesses the quality of mixed concrete
- cleans equipment and work areas and checks records
- may add pigments for colouring
- may operate computerised batching and allocating equipment
Premix Concrete Batcher