UNIT GROUP 4914 SCREEN PRINTERS
SCREEN PRINTERS prepare stencils and set up and operate power-driven or hand-operated screen printers.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- operating photographic or electronic reproduction devices
- preparing stencils using computer or hand-cut methods
- selecting, mixing and matching coloured inks and loading into presses
- loading paper, fabric, plastic or other material stock
- controlling machines and inspecting quality of printing
- loading printed items into drying racks, unloading and stacking dry items
- performing routine finishing operations and machine maintenance