Prepares and bakes bread loaves and rolls, including specialty breads.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- checks the cleanliness and operation of equipment and premises before production runs to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- checks the quality of raw materials and weighs ingredients for making dough
- mixes and kneads dough
- loads tins or trays into proofers and then into ovens
- monitors oven temperatures and bread appearance to determine baking times
- unloads ovens and arranges de-panning and cooling of bread
- coordinates the forming, loading and baking of batches of bread and rolls
- may maintain and clean equipment and premises