9921-17 Shearing Shed Hand
Regulates the flow of sheep to be shorn, keeps the shearing shed clean and tidy and assists with classing the wool.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- herds sheep into the pens in preparation for shearing
- keeps mobs separate during shearing
- picks up fleeces and spreads them on skirting tables for classing
- under direction of the wool classer removes inferior wool from the fleece
- sweeps up wool waste and cleans floors of sheds
- presses wool and brands bales
- may grade wool skirted off fleeces