MINOR GROUP 591 LOGISTICS CLERKS
LOGISTICS CLERKS coordinate the purchasing, receipt, recording, monitoring, and distribution of goods and services, and the clearance and collection of imported cargo and shipment of cargo for export.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- receiving, checking and processing purchase requests
- verifying incoming and outgoing goods against records
- providing information about price, and calculating storage and clearance charges
- maintaining records of goods received and despatched
- recording customs clearance requirements and authorising collection of cargo
- organising despatch and collection of goods