3211-11 Branch Accountant (Financial Institution)
Administers the accounting processes and related operational activities of branches of banks, building societies, credit unions or similar financial institutions.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- receives and analyses regular reports of branch accounting activities and reports to the branch manager
- investigates discrepancies in customer service officers' balances
- ensures branch procedures for the clearance of funds, security and general operations are maintained
- may grant or approve loans within limits set by the institutions' regulations
- may supervise clerical and administrative staff